- Training, supervising, disciplining, coaching, and effectively managing assigned personnel on job sites
- Reviewing plans and blueprints, contract terms and conditions, and specifications, so as to efficiently and effectively execute high-quality work in the most cost-effective sequence and manner.
- Reading, computing and setting grades from cut sheets
- Accurately calculating quantities
- Providing input for value-added engineering (less expensive and/or more efficient ways of doing things)
- Addressing inquiries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintaining positive relations with municipal and regulatory agencies
- Utilizing construction GPS systems and lasers
Position requirements include:
- 5 years’ experience in site excavation and managing earth crews.
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and contracts.
- Possess basic computer and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate and manage schedules.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and train employees.
- Working knowledge of Trimble GPS system.
- Willingness to travel to the following counties: Elk, McKean, Cameron and Potter